February is National Bird Feeding Month and I can’t think of a better way to show the birds a little extra love than with this sweet DIY bird feeder! Super easy to make and something the birds will love!
Here’s what I used:
- Silk flowers
- Butterfly stickers
- Organza ribbon and/or lace
- Colorful plastic beads
- Plastic round terrarium balls (which I picked up at the Dollar Store)
Here’s what I did:
- I hot-glued the silk flowers to the top of the terrarium ball
- I added a butterfly sticker to the ball near the silk flowers
- I threaded the ribbon and/or lace with the colorful plastic beads to make the hanger, knotting in between the beads to keep them separated
- I added some mixed wild bird seed and hung the ball outside
Chickadees are curious, so it didn’t surprise me that it was a chickadee who decided to check out the new feeder first! But he was quickly followed by a pygmy nuthatch who also wanted to explore the new diner! Lol.
February is National Bird Feeding Month and a great reminder to feed the birds through the tough winter months when food sources can be scarce. Let’s show our feathered friends a little love with this sweet feeder, and remember to keep it well stocked all month long!