A Perfect Indoor Project for the Entire Family!
If you have girls in the house and like to recycle, this project is ideal. Lol. It’s also a perfect project for the kids to do indoors when the weather isn’t cooperating outdoors. But you’ll have to save up your empty toilet paper rolls for this one. (I keep mine tucked away in the bathroom cabinet for when I need a project to keep me busy.)
- Use a light weight sandpaper to remove excess paper or glue from the roll.
- Pour some store-bought birdseed into a wide baking pan or dish.
- Coat each paper roll with creamy peanut butter using a butter knife.
- Roll the peanut butter-coated paper roll in the birdseed to cover.
- Stand rolls on a sheet of foil or parchment paper for 24 hours to set.
- Thread colored yarn, string, twine, or ribbon through the paper rolls.
- Tie or knot ends to make the hanger.
- Hang outside and enjoy!
The great thing about peanut butter is that it will keep for a few months before it goes bad, so you can make these a few weeks in advance for holiday or hostess gifts. Simply place the feeder inside a plastic sandwich baggie and adhere a decorative holiday sticker to the baggie. A collection of these in a decorative bowl or basket will dress up any holiday table or counter space.